Tuesday, March 24, 2015

So...what'd he say?

Today...... after a horrific weekend filled with pain, like I've never known and honestly, wasn't sure I'd make it through the night on Friday.  While that may sound dramatic..... it's truth.  I had so much *pain*.  It was RELENTLESS.  After Friday night, I drove an hour+ to the Twin Cities (my dentist was in Chicago) to an emergency dentist who promptly told me that I had an infected tooth and that it would be a cool $3k for them to fix it.

I don't have $3k.  I cried. Alot.  I'm on social security and am disabled.  I'm not able to work.....I don't have the luxury of picking up a few extra hours to make some extra cash.... my body won't let me.  Imagine the freak out.

Look at that smile! Help me save it!
So, this morning, I went to my own dentist, who agreed that YES I need a root canal.  However, he felt pretty certain, that a crown may not be needed immediately.  More importantly, the cost for the root canal and filling, will be right at $1k - which is MUCH more manageable than $3k, but still frightening because I don't have that kind of money.  I've spent the last several months being VERY disciplined and exercising HUGE self control to save around $600 - which is OUTSTANDING - but the thought of losing all that cash to a tooth and having NOTHING again is absolutely sickening.   (I know, I'm very THANKFUL that I have this savings.... I just HATE spending it!)

I'm asking for help.  I have to.

I have started a gofundme page, which you can find here: http://www.gofundme.com/pnvu2c  It also explains more of my story and why this probably happened..... and I will be doing a destash again in my Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LindasDestash/.  Please share with your friends - I want to raise as much as I possibly can so that I can keep SOME sort of savings. 

If you'd rather purchase jewelry - you can find it here: http://cherryOnTopDesign.co and I do custom pieces, as well! 

THANK YOU for your friendship and if you would like to help, I'd be forever grateful (as would my mouth)!

No comments:

Post a Comment