Sunday, March 9, 2014

Gettin' my MOJO back...

well...kinda. =)  A few weeks ago, I found this awesome website (http://humblebeads.blogspot.com/2014/03/mojo-challenge-week-3-back-to-school.html)  which offered some ways to challenge yourself in your jewelry making abilities.  They suggested joining a "challenge" and while I'm doing "BeadSoup", I wanted something with a little more instant gratification?  Anyway, so this week's theme was to "Learn Something New"

A few weeks before this, Swarovski (my most favoritest company on the planet) announced their new colors and products for the season.  One of the new colors is called "Crystal Iridescent Green".  Doesn't sound terribly fantastic but my oh my!  The pearls with this color are AMAZE-BALLS!!

In my haste to get my hands on some of these babies, I ordered some pearls which I didn't realize were "half drilled".  As the name suggests.... they're only drilled half way through.  Seems like not a big deal, but it is kinda.  I didn't have *any* idea of what to use to make these little babies work for me.  I searched high and low using "eye screw" "screw cap" "eye bead cap" "screw eye bead cap" - nothing worked.  WELL - come to find out - it didn't work because it's not a "screw" or "eye" it's a "peg".  Grrrrr - how would *I* know that?!  Yeah, I wouldn't.  thanks.

SOOOOOO I finally found some GORGEOUS "peg bead caps" and I was off and running.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/182075251/classic-crystal-green-gold-dangle
















Aren't they INCREDIBLE?!



These pearls are drilled all the way through (which is typically how I purchase my beads)

Swarovski Crystal Iridescent Green Pearls AND Bicones


























So whaddya think?

6 comments:

  1. Those earrings are beautiful!!! I am loving the new color now that I got to see it in action. Great work and I didn't know it was a peg either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, Marybeth! I don't feel so stupid now! Really - thank you for saying you didn't know it either.... do you know how hard it is to find something you don't know the name of?!?!?! =)

      I did add a photo of the new green in the bicone - not NEARLY as gorgeous as the pearls, IMHO - but those pearls....*happy sigh* =)

      Delete
  2. The pearls are beautiful as are your earrings! I never heard of a peg or half drilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! If you give them a try - please let me know! I'd love to see them! =)

      Delete
  3. You know I never knew what to do with half drilled pearls - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help - who knew?! =) I really had no idea, either...like I said, it was a mistake. But guess who ordered more half drilled? Yep - *this girl* ;)

      Delete